February 3, 2019 by stephenshubert
We know of her as the youngest woman to win a congressional House seat, and of her progressive political agenda. We also know of her interest in promoting the environment and the Green New Deal as a top priority for the country.
She is also:
- An accomplished student, and graduate of Boston University in Economics and International Relations.
- A child of parents who immigrated to the United States and succeeded in demonstrating it is a “land of opportunity.” This is illustrated by the fact that she was born in the Bronx but her family had moved to the wealthier Yorktown Heights by the time she started High School.
- An accomplished community organizer and political activist, who has worked for Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders.
- A book publisher, and education strategist.
Here is a list of links to articles that provide more detailed information on who she is:
- On Democracy: Five Thirty Eight: Young Leftists Anti-capitalist manifesto
- On Democracy and Taxes: NY Mag: Alexandria on Billionaires, Democracy and Taxes
- Other Democratic candidates are seeing the connection between wealth and democracy too: CNBC:Elizabeth Warren on a Wealth Tax
- Indirect reference to the Occupy movement: Newsweek: Alexandria asking the people to occupy airports
- A short biography of Alexandria: Spock and Christine: What you don’t know about Alexandria